Delicious Healthy Kids Snack that my kids will actually eat and I don’t have mom guilt for serving. ?
When my oldest (7y) gets home from school everyday, the first things she asks for is a snack. Which is not surprising since they only get like 20 min for lunch and she usually comes home only half eaten.
3pm is when I start to fade and enter into lazy mom mode, so having to whip up something socially acceptable in a world of “healthy mom police” is not at the top of my list. Some days it’s a donut from the bakery at our local grocery store??♀️…some days its an apple and a string cheese because they are quick and easy.
My girls absolutely love apples. And nothing goes better with apples than peanut butter. And nothing goes better with peanut butter than chocolate.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, “Apple-Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Salad!”
Apple-Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Salad
- Depending on your preferences and level of “crunchiness”, you can use either almond butter or peanut butter. Melt in microwave, about 30 sec.
- Dice 2 “lunch size” apples. I chose our favorites Granny Smith and Honey-crisp!
- Combine peanut butter and apples until apples are evenly coated. Sprinkle with small handful of chocolate chips (we use Lily’s Chocolate Chips; all natural, no added sugar, sweetened with stevia)
- I suggest covering and popping in the fridge for an hour, because it is really good cold!
- 2 lunch sizes apples
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (We love Lily’s)